- The specialist support team will be working collaboratively with settings and there will be accountability from both sides.
- Pupils must be at range 3 on the TfC SEND Ranges
- We can only accept referrals from educational settings we cannot accept referrals from GP’s, health professionals or parents.
- We can/will work with other support teams to ensure the best outcomes for the child or young person.
- Training opportunities may be identified following a referral to the service. E.g. 1:1 training with SENDCo, whole school training etc.
- Opening meeting with parents, teaching assistant/key worker, lead practitioner, teacher or SENDCo.
- Up to 3 visits if needed in collaboration with the SENDCo. More support/visits given to high priority cases at support team discretion.
- We will work in partnership with the school as part of the SEN process.
- Detailed evidence of the range the Child or young person is working within and an up to date support plan.
- Copy of child’s provision map with reference to SEND notional finance.
- SENDCo available for a consultation at each visit.
- Access to the classroom
- Access to teacher planning.
- Specialist support teams outcomes to be embedded in child’s support plan.
- Complete feedback/evaluation questionnaire.
- SENDCo to cascade advice and strategies to rest of the school where relevant as the services are unable to offer repeat advice.
- SENDCo role to ensure that strategies and advice offered by the support team is being implemented within the school.
Please find a copy of our referral form available to download below.
Please find an example of a completed referral form for an Early Years, Primary and Secondary setting below.